First Reader and I drove up to the property to look-see at what’s left of the snow. The short answer: Not much. The mud, however, is another story. While the snow is melting, there are still plenty of patches where thick, sticky mud would make heavy equipment operators miserable.
A couple of months ago, the state sent us notification of a low-interest loan/grant that will help us with our rebuilding costs. So, we applied. Because we’ve been filling out applications for more than two years now, we have our ducks in a row, mostly. This application went a bit more smoothly than some others, but we still have one hoop to jump through—cost estimates for completion.
We sent notes to our sales rep and general contractor requesting the information. We got some of the information we need, but are still waiting for the bulk. If the weather holds, and our GC gets moving, our house could be set by the second week in April. I’m not getting my hopes up too much, mind you, but seeing the snow melted and the grasses beginning to show hints of the green to come, we’re getting a bit more hopeful.
One thought on “Rebuilding the Dream, Pt 127”
I am hopeing it all work’s out for you. praying for good weather!