We spent much of the week organizing our storage locker and our thoughts.
While we didn’t donate as much stuff this time, we could better assess what kind of room we have available for those furniture donations we know are still forthcoming (thank you, Miss Amy). We also have a better idea of what kind of furniture we already have. I count three dining room sets so far.
We also made an excursion to the property to get a better feel for what it will take to get electricity sooner rather than later. We found where the conduit goes into the ground but haven’t found where the line turns to go up to the main power pole. I’ve reached out to one of the contractors we’re working with, and he can use his construction toys to help us dig those particular trenches. Which will save all of our backs.
Our federal disaster loan is on pause for the moment while we get the estimates for the house and the utilities in order. As soon as I have all of that information together, I’ll send it to our case manager and see what happens. We might end up with an increase in our loan, given the recent burst of inflation hitting the streets. But I won’t hold my breath.
The next couple of weeks should bring more stuttering progress to our new home.