Theoretically, Mr. Contractor will be on the property tomorrow to get some additional measurements before getting started on the rest of our building. Theoretically. I’ll believe it when I see it. All this uncertainty plays hell in our psyche. With all the false starts over the last two and a half years, it’s hard to get excited about the prospect of really getting started on the last bit. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.
For now, we try to be patient as the spring rains have arrived. I hesitate to make any kind of weather comparison to past years because this year has been so out of whack. I could say I hope the stars align and we get rolling on the house sooner than later. But I don’t want to jinx anything.
Now that the warmer weather has arrived, First Reader and I will go up to the property more often. We’ll mow and trim regularly to keep the noxious weeds from taking over, while encouraging the healthy wildflowers to thrive. It’s been an ongoing battle, keeping the Canada thistle from invading the meadow and letting the wild bergamot take over. Until the fire, we were winning the battle. For the last couple of years, we haven’t kept everything as trimmed and under control as we wanted.
By this time next week, I’ll either be ranting about more delays, or posting pictures of our progress. Stay tuned.