This has been a frustrating and depressing week as our building process is in limbo.
I called our sales rep this week to ask about the status of getting someone to drag our modular up the hill. The news was dismal, to say the least. All the macho men who last summer crowed about how they could “put a house anywhere,” have now discovered they lack the … fortitude to tackle our mountain. Whether their reasons are lack of equipment or issues with the weather, they aren’t saying, meaning there is no end in sight for this ongoing building nightmare.
Disappointment does not even begin to describe my emotions right now. I am beyond angry, especially when all our “helpful” friends offer non-advice. (“You should have done this differently.” Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, ain’t it? Thank you for being so bloody helpful.) I’ve put out the word to our neighbors who have had their modular homes brought up in the past two years and will contact their contacts to see what we can come up with.
In the meantime, we are back to waiting until we come up with a solution.
3 thoughts on “Rebuilding the Dream, Pt 122”
Solution? Hang in there, and while that’s easy for me to say, and more delay is no damn fun, you two will get what you want…
We’re working on a solution. I got a call from one fellow today. He got my number from our sales rep, and wanted to know if the road was accessible. Yes, it is. People live there year-round. 😉