Rebuilding the Dream, Pt 103

This week we spent part of a day on the property getting the last of the repairs done to our water system. The output valve had wholly melted away in the fire, along with about a foot of piping.

(C) 2022, JJ Shaun
The outlet from our water cistern.

Unfortunately, the original outlet was threaded PVC that had been glued into the concrete. Our initial idea to protect the valve and retain access was to leave a short tunnel to access the workings. Unfortunately, this allowed heat into the void, and the piping melted.

(C) 2022, JJ Shaun
The burned valve.

This time, we went with the recommendation of the well technician. They installed a pipe from the valve at the bottom of the cistern to the surface. We’ll bury the tube and use a key to turn the spigot.

(C) 2022, JJ Shaun
The repaired outlet.

Oh, and we finally have a start date on the foundation—September 26. We can hardly wait. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.