Friday, I reached out to our contractor to check the status of our building plans. Lo and behold, the response was positive. Now, until we have proof that the plans are in the hands of the county, I’m skeptical. I’ll let you know next week whether his plans come to fruition or not.
First Reader and I spend a day on the property before the weather hit. We were supposed to wake up to snow yesterday, but the storm decided to bless the southern half of the state with a blanket of the white stuff. Instead of snow, we had a typical spring day here in town. The mountain, however, was covered overnight, so we weren’t able to get back up to do more work.
Because we knew a front was rolling in, First Reader wanted to mow the meadow before it would be blanketed in snow. Past experience has proven that we don’t always get back to that chore promptly, and we have a /lot/ of grass to mow. This kind of moisture usually leads to a growth spurt in the meadow, and it’s much more difficult to cut when the grass towers above the mower. (eye-roll)
While FR scared herself on the lawnmower, I trimmed more trees. I thought about cutting down more of the dead trees but decided to wait because I didn’t have anyone to help guide the timber as it fell. I got a dozen or so trimmed and a few saplings downed before the heat sucked the energy right out of me.
At some point, we’ll need to find a wood chipper. We’ve only just begun cleaning up the trees, and the brush piles are already taking over. Of course, I started near the site for the house, so maybe it just feels like it’s in the way.
Next week, I’ll have news about the building permit. Stay tuned.