Rebuilding the Dream, Pt 69

Still no movement on the house. Our sales rep and the builder are as frustrated as we are, judging by the email string.

Our disaster loan case manager asked for the closing documents and the building permit. We can’t provide these things until we get approval from the state. Our building plans are bogged down somewhere in the bowels of the bureaucracy. I sent an email query to the state board but don’t expect to get an answer until later in the week. My next step is to reach out to my state representative to find out the holdup. Either that or put it in the capable hands of our local news station. That usually gets a response out of recalcitrant officials.

For now, we wait.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.