Rebuilding the Dream, Pt 57

This week was a mish-mash of activities. Early in the week, household chores and appointments kept us from the mountain. A modular home delivery kept us away in the latter half of the week. By the time this post goes live, the weather forecaster says we should see snow.

Because it’s the end of October, we decided that Saturday was the best day to send the motorcycles to the garage for the season. Since it was the “warm before the storm,” we thought it would be a good day for a ride. So, we bundled up and took the bikes for a jaunt around the area before putting them away for Winter.

(C) 2021, JJ Shaun
Ready to ride.
(C) 2021, JJ Shaun
Getting ready to ride.

The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, and we had no wind to speak of. We took a short ride into the foothills, then had a bite to eat on the way to garage the bikes. In all, we rode about 50 miles, but it was an excellent end to the season. We still need to put them on trickle charge while they sit, but that’s a chore for another day.

We still need to get up the mountain soon to move our camper to begin the building process. But I have a feeling we’ll have to wait until mid-week now that Winter has decided to finally arrive. In the meantime, we have yet more paperwork we need to submit before our project can move forward. It feels like for every two steps we take forward, we’re taking another step back.

It’s hard to stay focused and positive when roadblocks keep popping up. I also know that everything happens in its time, and it just isn’t time yet. Patience, Grasshopper.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.