Today’s word comes from the news.
Follow me on Facebook: @jjshaunauthor.
Part of Speech
- A theory and practice of socialism including the labor theory of value, dialectical materialism, the class struggle, and dictatorship of the proletariat until the establishment of a classless society.
- A radical, revolutionary political philosophy that aims to capture state power, introduce a dictatorship of the proletariat, and then progress to communism.
- The political, economic, and social principles and policies advocated by Karl Marx.
This word was first used in 1883, as meaning the political, economic, and social theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels including the belief that the struggle between social classes is a major force in history and that there should eventually be a society in which there are no classesMarxism
Usage and Examples
Here are a couple of examples:
- Jack Duncan knew there was a lot more to Marxism than most people knew.
- Most of America’s views are based, of course, on a complete rejection of Marxism and genuine socialism.