Today’s word comes from a random word generator.
Follow me on Facebook: @jjshaunauthor.
Part of Speech
- Governed or characterized by caprice: Impulsive, unpredictable.
- Subject to, led by, or indicative of a sudden, odd notion or unpredictable change; erratic.
Usage and Examples
Here are a few examples:
- Duncan was a cruel and capricious dictator.
- Ronald found it hard to keep a steady job because of his capricious nature.
- The most capricious of gods, he could bring joy one minute and sheer terror the next.
changeable, changeful, fickle, flickery, fluctuating, fluid, inconsistent, inconstant, mercurial, mutable, skittish, temperamental, uncertain, unpredictable, unsettled, unstable, unsteady, variable, volatile
certain, changeless, constant, immutable, invariable, predictable, settled, stable, stationary, steady, unchangeable, unchanging, unvarying